Company Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement
Policy brief & purpose
Our Company Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality. Through the privacy statement we intend to provide a idea of our privacy practices regarding Personal Information that we collect and process through various sources. With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers etc.) who provide any amount of information to us. The scope of this Policy covers the categories of personal data collected, how we use or process such data, who are the recipients of such data, and your associated rights under applicable laws including how to exercise the same. The applicability of the privacy laws are global.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
- Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
- In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
- Our data protection provisions will appear on our website.
Notification of Security Breaches
- Compliance with Notification Laws: Company complies with all applicable Laws regarding the notification of individuals in the event of an unauthorized release of personally identifiable information and notification other unauthorized data and information disclosures.
- Procedure After Unauthorized Disclosure: Within 72 hours of discovering any breach of the Company’s security obligations or of any other event requiring notification under applicable Law, Company shall notifies Customer, and any other individuals Law requires to be notified, of the breach or other events by telephone and e-mail.
- Indemnification Related to Unauthorized Disclosure: Company indemnifies and defends Customer against any losses arising out of claims related to any unauthorized disclosure or other events requiring notification under applicable Law.
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.