Senior QA Engineer
About the company
McLaren Strategic Solutions (MSS) is the operations division of the global group, McLaren Strategic Ventures, headquartered in California. MSS offers end-to-end digital transformation services, enabling enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation efforts.
Our unique ecosystem of domain and technology platforms and global technology talent networks bring differentiated technology solutions for our Global 1000 customers. We focus on delivering full stack technology consulting Think (digital strategy), Plan (global program management and enterprise architecture), Build (digital, product and platform engineering) & Run (application management) services.
We focus on mainly three sectors, banking and financial services, healthcare and supply chain with deep industry expertise. Our enterprise architecture and engineering expertise in data, AI and decision sciences, cloud engineering, hyper automation and modernization can fuel and augment clients expertise in seamless and unique ways. Our software development and platform engineering leverages unique accelerators to dramatically shrink development time and cost in every phase of technology implementation. Our AIOps powered application maintenance services is focused on dramatically shrinking the total cost of ownership for your technology products.
With over 1000 plus engineering team located in the US, India and Latin America, MSS has a laser focus on Digital product development leveraging technologies like Blockchain, Data Science and Data Engineering, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, intelligent automation, application development especially SAAS-based, Analytics and AI, Internet of Things (IOT), IT infrastructure, testing and quality assurance, managed IT services, and Cybersecurity.
We offer Front end, Back end and fullstack application development (Java, .Net, Python, Angular, React), devops (Azure, AWS), testing & test automation (Selenium, Appium, TestIM, JMeter, Postman). Our advanced engineering labs deliver solutions in Web 3.0 , AR/VR and Advanced AI (Computer Vision, Speech Transcription and Synthesis, Natural Language Understanding with LLMs).
The QA Engineer plays a key role in testing and delivering the UL Platform and software, while supporting all stages of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC). The candidate will be able to multitask in a dynamic team-based environment, while demonstrating strong problem-solving,extensive technical skills, decision-making abilities and the highest level of professionalism. The candidate is also expected to have a strong programming etiquette and excellent business knowledge/experience.
• Develop solutions to do session level, functional, technical, failover and performance testing across the entire stack – app, cloud and network.
• Review code base and make recommendations for testing scenarios; analyze changesintroduced and assess the technical testing required.
• Work with cross-functional teams to build scenarios in requirements, design and coding phases.
• Perform analysis of data from QA and production to build testing tools and scenarios.
• Maintain testing and analysis tools; identify any negative changes to both QA and production
environments and work with teams to resolve those concerns.
• Take the initiative to improve efficiencies across systems/projects.
Knowledge and Experience:
Minimum qualifications – The applicant is expected to have the following skills and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• 8-10 years SDET experience across functional QA and test automation
• Strong functional testing experience in developing and executing test cases using BDD
• Passionate about quality and agile process methodology
• Experience in API and UI testing using BDD, Cucumber and Gherkin language
• Should have extensive experience in test automation using Cucumber and Selenium (Java or
• Strong experience in developing/ customizing automation frameworks based on project
• Experience in BFSI domain and that too in a fintech product development setting will be an
• Exposure to performance testing using tools like JMeter or Loadrunner
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a highly demanding and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multitask and work independently on multiple projects.
• Ability to differentiate between a critical business impacting incident and a minor problem,
and resolve/escalate accordingly.
• Experience with Blockchain and Azure is a plus.
• Experience with supporting production changes, UAT testing and debugging prod issues.
• Results Driven Drive, focus and commitment to deliver results that meet the requirements
of internal customers along with the passion for quality and getting the right results in the
right way. Ability to work to tight schedules/deadlines and multitask.
• Teamwork Internal communication is always a team effort. It is important to have the ability
to interact positively and confidently with others and have the resilience, determination and
focus to succeed in shared objectives
• Pushing Boundaries, the ability to challenge the status quo and actively look for new
approaches and inspiration to improve the department’s results and processes. The ability
to approach tasks in a creative and fresh manner.
• Operational Excellence A passion for quality and a practical focus on getting the right results
in the right way. Ensuring that decisions are fully implemented. The ability to anticipate and
plan for significant changes in the organization, markets and customer requirements.
Understand the need for change and help others to see the benefits by overcoming barriers.